- V. Chang
Advice for buying new footwear
It's that time of the year again! Kids and students are going back to school, and they might need a pair of new shoes. We have a few tips to help you find the right pair!
1. Have the feet measured - the size of feet tend to change especially in children and adolescents, so have them measured to know their right shoe size!
2. Well-fitting - it's important that the shoe fits well! Make sure the shoes are deep, wide or long enough for your feet. Any tightness in the shoe will press on the toes and encourage blisters to form. Walk around in them!
3. Always wear both shoes - our feet are slightly different from each other, so make sure the shoes are comfortable for both feet.
4. Bring the owner of the shoes with you - the right style and size of the shoes cannot be assumed, so bring them with you! Everyone is very picky about the shoes they wear.
5. Wear them at home - wear the new shoes around the house for about 20 minutes, and inspect your feet. If any redness is present, it is due to rubbing or pressure. Usually, you are able to return the shoes but only if they are not worn outside!
If you are looking for specialty footwear, we are able to help you find the fit that is right for you! Call us today for an appointment!